This autumnal view is from Bonehill Rocks looking back up the valley towards Natsworthy.
Here is Week 29 – can you believe that! – of our Dartmoor and Beyond quiz. Many thanks to our hard working quiz setter!
- The statue in the niche at Ilsington church depicts which saint?
- Where is the headquarters of the World Health Organisation?
- Which British monetary unit was issued as a coin from 1983?
- Where on Dartmoor was the site of the meeting place of the Great Court of the Stannary Parliament?
- The scree at Pike O’ Stickle in the Lake District contains the remains of what?
- Which small town on Dartmoor was voted “Best Place to live in England” in 2015?
Answers to Week 28
- Alfred, King of Wessex
- William de Tracey
- Buckfast & Tavistock
- River Yangtze
- Catherine of Aragon – the first wife of Henry V111