Dartmoor has been very autumnal this week with mists, rain and the occasional sunny day. Perfect for a walk.
Our latest quiz is here and the answers to last week are below. Happy quizzing.
- Which river does the Webburn flow into?
- In what year did Donald Campbell die attempting the world water speed record on Coniston Water?
- The wreck of which ship prompted Henry Winstanley to build the first lighthouse on the Eddystone Rock?
- In which area of Dartmoor is a narrow cleft known as “The Devil’s Kitchen”?
- Where are three tall stones with three fishes carved in relief on them to be seen on Dartmoor?
- What is the name of the largest member of the Mandolin family?
Answers to Week 32
- He formed part of the two-man crew of a midget submarine that beached on a reef off Bellows Field in Pearl Harbor after the gyrocompass broke.
- Okehampton and Launceston castles.
- Stained glass
- Glaze Viaduct
- The bones of Ice Age mammals.
- William Widgery