After a wet and wintery week what better than to sit down and tease your brains with a Dartmoor and general knowledge quiz.
- Ashburton was the first place to elect a candidate from which party to public office?
- In which country is the Markka the basic unit of currency?
- What location on Dartmoor was used for a major location for the feature film ” Knights of the Round Table” in 1953?
- Who said “Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous’ you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides”!
- What type of plant is Mistletoe?
- Which preacher stopped in Sticklepath to give an open-air sermon from White Rock?
Answers to Week 45
- Robert Burns
- West Dart, Cowsic and Blackbrook rivers
- Remy Julienne
- A grilse
- Hutchinson’s Cross