After a dramatic week on Dartmoor with fire, ice and howling winds we have returned to more normal conditions – slightly damp and milder!
Here is week 48 of our quiz and the answers to last weeks questions are, as ever, below.
- What is a baby Alpaca called?
- In what year did Sir Thomas Tynwhitt start improving the moor at Tor Royal, Princetown?
- Which internationally famous musician comes from Yelverton?
- Where was Britain’s oldest complete skeleton found estimated to be over 10,000 years old?
- Which member of the Royal Family fronted the TV documentary “A Planet for Us All!?
- What are these common red buds often seen on Dartmoor?
Answers to Week 47
- They died due to a strategic bombing mission by a German Zeppelin that had been blown off course, which was the World’s first Strategic Bombing Mission.
- The Great Thunderstorm in 1638
- Hart Tor