Some bright clear days on the moor have been welcome after the rain. We’re all looking forward to getting out again, once restrictions are eased. This is Mel Tor from a previous March to get you in the mood.
- What legend is believed to have caused the “Coffin Stone” on Dartmeet Hill to split in two lengthways?
- In which town was the parachute made, which helped land the NASA Perserverance rover on Mars?
- In what year was Tavistock Abbey founded?
- How old was Boris Becker when he first won the Men’s Singles title at Wimbledon?
- According to local legend, how did many of Lord Wentworth’s Regiment escape being captured by Oliver Cromwell’s Roundhead Army during a surprise attack at Bovey Tracey in 1646?
- Where did Geoffrey Chaucer’s pilgrims depart from to travel to Canterbury in 1387?
Answers to Week 49
- River Taw
- Michael Bond
- Drewe Arms, Drewsteignton
- Primary (the brighter rainbow) & Secondary (the faint rainbow)