The sun is shining and trees are just coming into leaf on Dartmoor.
As ever the answers to last weeks quiz are below this weeks questions.
- What utility facility was built in the 1930’s in Mary Tavy that is still in use today?
- Who wrote the “Astronomical Atlases, Maps & Charts”?
- Which famous playwright was born at Bagtor House near Haytor?
- Against whom did Afghanistan wage the Afghan wars?
- Which two rivers form the boundaries for Belstone parish?
- What is the name given to the tradition in Japan of families gathering to view the Cherry Blossom during its short season?
Answers to Week 56
- The peek of the famous Cherry blossom.
- Church of St. Pancras, Widecombe-in-the-Moor.
- The oxalic acid extracted from Wood Sorrel was sold as “Salts of Lemon” used for medicinal purposes and to remove stains from linen.
- The “May Tree”