Spring is back today after a very blustery weekend. We hope you all survived intact.
Here is this week’s quiz with the answers to Week 58 below.
- Which work of fiction by Michael Jecks is set in the village of Gidleigh?
- What is the only major city in the world located in two continents?
- In which war was the Battle of Spion Kop fought?
- Which famous topographer was resident in Brentor for part of his life?
- What is the hardest natural substance on earth?
- This beetle is commonly found on Dartmoor – but what is it called?
Answers to Week 58
- Sir Ernest Shackleton
- To deter highwaymen from attacking travellers along the road between Okehampton &Tavistock.
- An army of frogs
- River Walkham
- The Dewerstone