The recent rain and warmer weather has brought the bluebells on in Dartmoor’s valleys and verges dramatically in the last couple of weeks. This image is from the Dart Gorge a few years ago.
As ever the answers to last weeks quiz are below this weeks questions.
- According to local legend, who was said to have stopped for directions and refreshment at The Tavistock Inn near Poundsgate on his way to Widecombe-in-the-Moor?
- In which year did the World Health Organisation declare that smallpox had been eradicated?
- What feature in Horrabridge is thought to have given the village its name?
- What is the largest city in Switzerland?
- Which famous female sculptress is associated with St. Ives in Cornwall?
- Wild Garlic is a common sight in hedgerows on Dartmoor in Spring but why is it not popular with dairy farmers?
Answers to Week 60
- River Amazon
- Bovey Tracey Potteries
- The statue of Peter Pan.
- Peak District, Lake District & Snowdonia
- Sir Henry Morgan
- Leather Tor & Sharpitor