On a hot summer’s day a walk in shady Dartmoor woodland by a cool river is a perfect way to spend the day.
Here is Week 65 of our regular quiz. The answers to last week’s questions are below. Happy quizzing!
- Which early map drawn between 1280 & 1290 shows Cornwall as a separate constituent part of Britain?
- Which village on Dartmoor was called “Bellestam” in the Doomsday Book?
- How many brains does an octopus have?
- What gruesome fate befell malefactors imprisoned on “Gibbet Hill” ?
- How did Lord Kitchener die in 1916?
- What was the original use of the proving mortar still located at Powdermills?
Answers to Week 64
- Baby squid
- The “Wahine”
- At the boundary between Ashburton and Buckland-in-the- Moor parishes on Buckland Beacon.
- Diego Maradonna
- The A30 Okehampton Byepass.