Welcome back for, unbelievably, the eight in our series of weekly quizzes. The hedgerows in Dartmoor lanes are in full flower now and buzzing with insect life.
- In which year was the first satellite launched into space?
- In what year was the last battle fought on British soil?
- What cycle way passes through Lustleigh on its way to Bovey Tracey?
- Who built the wall running up to Great Mis Tor?
- Which Emily Brontë novel is the inspiration for a Kate Bush song?
- From which point on Dartmoor can this spectacular view be seen on a fine day?
And here are the answers to last week’s quiz
- Warsaw, Poland
- A horticulturally or argricuturally derived plant rather than a natural variety.
- Lackey moth
- The acetone on conkers was used for making cordite for use as a propellant for shells and other armaments.
- Castle Drogo
- Please, please me