The Dartmoor Preservation Association has been protecting the unique and inspiring landscape of Dartmoor since 1883. With a supportive membership and a small but dedicated team, the charity is now in a strong position to grow and develop its work further to campaign on the issues affecting the moor now and in the future. We are seeking our next CEO to lead a wide-reaching strategic review, grow and diversify our membership and income, raise our profile, and reinvigorate our campaigns following a quiet period during the pandemic.
Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – The Dartmoor Preservation Association
Salary: circa £45,000 pro rata
Contract: permanent, part time – four days / 28 hours per week
Location: Princetown, Devon (hybrid role, with some home / remote working)
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- A strong alignment with our work and an interest in conservation, as well as an appreciation for our national parks and the willingness to continue learning
- Demonstrable experience of working with and developing a positive and robust relationship with a board of non-executives.
- A track record of successfully spotting opportunities, developing vision and strategy, translating it into operational plans and then implementing.
- Commercial acumen, with a track record in successful income generation / fundraising.
- Demonstrable track record of success at a senior level within an organisation (ideally a charity).
- Experience of staff management and development, financial management and planning, and strategic planning.
- Experience of negotiating and influencing at a strategic level, building collaborative relationships and effective partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written and digital communication skills.
For an information pack with full details of how to apply, or to arrange an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 11th July